CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nature Study


I stumbled upon the blog: Handbook of Nature. Now, I am not that much of a nature person, but I really would like my boys, who love to be outside to just LOVE nature. What fun to tag along on the adventures with the Handbook of Nature group and instill the love of nature in all of us!

I chose to access the book online, one less thing laying around the house!

1. Read pages 1-8 of the Handbook of Nature Study. (online book)
2. So here is our challenge this week. Spend 10-15 minutes outdoors with my children. Go on a walk and discuss the things they see.
3. Make a big deal about whatever it is that they talk about.
4. After our nature study time with the kids, I need to pull out the Handbook of Nature Study and see if the item the children are interested in is listed in the index. If it is, I need to look up the information and then relate interesting facts to the boys sometime during the next week.

Bring on nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment