CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Washington D.C.



And we are off, to Washington D.C. that is. We were all excited to take a family vacation, something we had not done since 2005. We get to go hang out with my parents and see all of the fun 'Living History' school type stuff.


We went to the Natural History Museum. There we saw a Right Whale, Dino's, Mammoth and a bunch of other really cool stuff. At the Museum, it surprised me that it took the stance on Darwin's Theory. After all, we are a Christian Nation or at least those were the principles we were founded on.

For lunch we ate at the Museum, I really wish I would of taken a picture of my meal. Jacob and I shared a sandwich and drink for $15. This was not anything fancy either. I surprised myself by telling my kids to load up on the free refills of pop to make up for the cost of the lunch. Can you imagine?


We went to the Air and Space Museum at the airport. There we got to see the Space Shuttle and WOW! Is it ever big.



Don't you think that this flower is pretty? I do. I loved the Tulip Tree. If they could survive in the harsh winters that we have - I would have one in my yard. They were at the entrance to the Tomb of the Unknown Solider.


This was on the top of Jacob's go see list. He had so many questions about the tomb. The really cool thing was he got to see the changing of the guard and the changing of the wreath. Here are a few of the pictures of the tomb that Jacob took.










Stay tuned for more of our exciting vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment